My Beauty Favourites Starting With Top Left Corner.
1) The Sally Hansen Miracle Gel Polish In Birthday Suit 110 is a light nude polish, very office/work suitable. However I had to apply 4 coats of this polish to be opaque. The Miracle Gel system claims up to 14 days of colour & shine, and I was really interested to see if the products held up to that claim! I actually tried this twice, but both the times the polish lasted about over a week then started chipping. I would say it would last max about 10 days. I was still pleased with the product as it lasts more then my usual nail varnish.
2) Second one is my absolute favourite and its the Chanel Joues Contraste powder blush 99 Rose Petal. I am in love with this angelique blush. It is such a pretty colour that I always gravitate to. It has little shimmer, a soft sheen, and is plenty pigmented for a cheek product. I actually think this would be particularly lovely on pale and olive skin tones, though.
3) Huda Beauty Lashes in Giselle . These lashes don’t feel heavy, however, I can feel their presence. Giselle lashes are great for those who wish to have fuller and longer lashes. They are easy to remove with an oil-free cleanser. I think I can use this for at least 10 – 15 times, before they begin to wear off. But again, it depends on how one takes care of it. To ensure its longevity, I make sure to clean the glue and mascara completely and store it in the container. I think this is a little expensive compared to some famous drugstore lashes, but for me it’s absolutely worth it! As a last word, I’m a little bumped up as to why I didn’t try this much earlier! Totally recommended to make your beauty routine shorter!
4) Mac Studio Scultp SPF 15 in Nc40. This foundation is a gel formula which makes it really creamy and thick but it’s lightweight on the skin. I really like the texture of it. The smell is quite strange, it smells a bit like paint with a sort of sweet smell as well. The tube packaging is really handy for squeezing the right amount out. It’s a medium to high coverage foundation, so you can build it up or wear a thin layer to get a medium coverage. It has a dewy/satin finish and it’s really good for dry to normal skin types, so if you have oily skin this is a no no! I find that I have to set this foundation with powder because it transfers quite easily and it doesn’t last that long through out the day! I find that it can cake around some of my more oily parts of my face like around my nose and chin (I have combination/normal skin).
5) Mac Strobe Cream. It is a great investment for getting a within glow for a natural dewy skin. This product works great on its own and mixed in with your favourite foundation and is a must in my beauty routine. The moisturizer works by having an intensely hydrating effect at the level of the skin, thus helping you look refreshed and well-rested. It delivers mineral pigments to the skin, working to restore its natural radiance and eliminate the dull appearance. It also delivers antioxidants, thus protecting against the damage done by free radicals. The main idea behind this product is that it can reduce physical stress, refreshing the skin and helping it maintain its youthful appearance.
6) Lush Tea Tree Toner. This is an exceptional toner! I am quite toner-aversive as I find they leave my skin feeling dry. I also feel I don’t really require a toner for my skin. But I really love this toner as it is probably more of a refreshing, calming spritzer; which doesn’t leave my skin dry or irritated, just moist and refreshed! As I have an oily t-zone and am prone to breakouts, the ingredients in Tea Tree Water are ideal. I spray this toner after cleansing and apply my moisturiser while my skin is still moist. I have tried using cotton balls to apply it, but I must prefer just spraying it directly on my face in my beauty routine.
7) Chi Chi Cosmetics Liquid Lipsticks in Bombshell and Show pony. Bombshell is a soft dusty rose and Show pony is a pinkish medium brown colour, they are easy to wear everyday shades. The lipstick has a lovely creamy consistency, glides on smoothly and is pretty pigmented with just one coat. It feels quite comfortable to wear during the day – no dry feeling at all, isn’t too thick and covers the lips evenly. Overall, I think that this is a nice lipstick – feels great on, really pretty packaging, affordable prices
8) Last but not the least Mac’s Cream Blush in Posey. Posey is a warm coraly pink color. It is a gorgeous color for all skin tones. It is the kind of warm pink that gives that nice glow to your cheeks and make you look fresh and bright. Not only it worked on my NC 35 skin tone but it had a very natural finish to my skin. This is my year round favourite.
Lots of love Maddy & Serena x