Wearing – Top from Valley Girl
Natural everyday look using the Genie Line Smoothingconcealer and the cashmere powder with a pop of colour on the lips, perfect for spring/summer.
About the Genie Line Smoothing Concealer:
- Price AUD $29.95
- Instantly erase the look of dark circles, freckles, blemishes, acne scarring, broken capillaries and dark spots with incredibly rich, dense coverage.
- Super creamy formulation infused with Safflower Seed oil, Sweet Almond oil and Shea Butter gives you an unbelievable smooth, invisible finish.
- Instantly blurs the look of fine lines and wrinkles
- Highly pigmented coverage—becomes absolutely invisible to give the appearance of perfect skin.
- Buttery, emulsion stick base allows formula to absorb in a way a pan or fluid concealer could not, for long-lasting, fool-proof coverage.
- Crease-proof—will not emphasize fine lines and wrinkles
- Product will not break or crumble– Built in metered application mechanism in the tube prevents this.
- Long wear—lasts all day until you wash it off
- Perfect for oily skin too–Corn starch absorbs any oil so it reduces shine while maintaining moisturization.
- Available in 3 shades, Ivory, Biege and Honey
I have used this concealer for the past two weeks and I feel it works well. The shade is not a perfect match for me as I have olive undertones, which is more evident to me but to create a more natural look I have used it with the theory of less is more. Little amount of product goes a long way, the concealer is highly pigmented and has a very smooth application as you don’t have to work with it to much. I used my fingers to melt the product in and then blended it with my beauty blender for a everyday look.
For a full coverage look I covered my dark circles with the concealer and then set it with my Laura Mercier translucent powder. I also find that if the product is set with a powder the longitivtiy is very impressive, it lasted 8 hours with no touch up. The product is easy to blend and I personally prefer the packaging on this concealer as its a stick, making it super easy to carry in your back for touching up for a girls night out or any special occasions. As for the claims of conditioning I did not notice any deference in my under eye area as my skin type is normal and I don’t have dry skin in general. It didn’t cover my fine lines under my eyes.
The only thing I feel is the limitation on this product is the colour range. Any one with a tan to dark complexion will not be able to use the product as it doesn’t carter to a variety of skin tones. As the concealer only comes in three shades.
About the Genie Cashmere Powder and Brush:
- Triple milled – so you get one of the softest, most lightweight powders you will experience. It has been ground down three times to get the smallest particles possible.
- Contains T-1 Complex, a super MMP-inhibitor, to help tone and revitalize your complexion while reducing free-radical damage.
- Non-drying formula will not cake or settle into fine lines and wrinkles.
- Infused with our signature T-One complex, Vitamin E, Soy Protein and Aloe Vera, GENIE Cashmere powder helps to protect and condition the skin against free radical damage and helps to reduce the signs of aging.
- Contains Aloe Vera for increased hydration and moisture.
- Translucent/Transparent/Clear – imparts no color, just luminescence.
- Pressed for portability but acts like a loose powder.
- Helps set your foundation enabling it to last longer. Soft, luminous youthful appearance.
- Good for your skin ingredients – Also contains Vitamin E and Soybean Oil.
Their Cashmere powder contains all kinds of gorgeous ingredients that are beneficial to the skin such as vitamin E, soy complex and aloe vera- as well as super ingredient T-1 complex which actually tones and revitalises complexion while reducing free radicals- I’m not sure many other pressed powders could boast those kinds of benefits! As well as being beneficial to the skin it’s a beautiful product overall, the texture and application is just a different world to any other powder I’ve ever used. Genie states that this is ‘pressed for convenience but acts like a loose powder’ and I completely agree, it takes ‘finely milled’ to a whole new level (it’s ground three times to get the smallest particles possible!) You can just about see from my photos that there’s a very slight shimmer to the powder, this doesn’t translate at all to a glittery face and instead gives the prettiest subtle luminence to the skin- personally I’m all about a matte finish so this is the kind of thing that would usually scare me but it’s very natural without looking ‘dewy’ or highlighted. Finally the brush that comes with this powder is absolutely amazing, I’d go as far to say it’s now one of my favourite brushes that I own. It’s soft, dense and feels great on the skin while allowing you to build up the product as much or as little as you’d like. Very comparable to the Mac cosmetic kabuki brush if not better.
Have you tried any of their other products and which is your favourite? leave it in the comment below.